How do I make my college bed?
- Start by adding a bed skirt (Note: Grab a friend to make this easier).
- Tuck in your fitted and flat sheets.
- Layer on a plush bed blanket to keep you warm and cozy.
- Add on your comforter/duvet.
- Include a standard pillow for sleeping and a sham for style.
- Euro pillows, body pillows and decorative pillows add flair and comfort.
- Add a headboard if you’re into a more polished look.
- Put a shoe ottoman that doubles as a bench at the foot of your bed, but we’ll get to that later...
- That’s it.
Duvet or Comforter?
What else does my college bed need?
Which sheets do I want?
How do you stuff a duvet?
- Grab the top two corners of your cover.
- Toss the duvet cover up and inside out, over your arms.
- Tie the short side corners of the duvet to the inside of the cover.
- Grab two corners of the duvet on the short side, through the corners of the cover.
- Hold on to both and shake. The duvet cover will fall right over the duvet.
- Pro-Tip: Do this from an elevated surface.
- Lay the freshly fluffed duvet down, and then button the bottom. You did it!
Find Your Bedding
How many pillows do I need?
- 1 body pillow for a daybed/couch (if your bed is against the wall)
- 1 euro pillow for a cozy headboard feel
- 3-4 decorative pillows for added style
- 2 pillow inserts – 1 for the pillow case that comes with your sheets, 1 for your sham