MERCHANDISING + OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Full Time, New York
In this role, you’ll be aiding both the Product/Merchandising and Operations team in creating a seamless and fun product experience from start to finish for our customers. We’re looking for some one who is a whiz in Excel, unabashedly fond of data entry, and a quick learner of processes and platforms!
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the sourcing and creation of new products on the site, ensuring all details are accurate and portrayed correctly on the site.
- Create purchase orders and track shipments for newly sourced inventory.
- Merchandising the organization of product on our site according to optimization strategies and optimal brand aesthetics.
- Coordinate product receipts into our warehouse.
- Oversee our inventory management and proactively manage product replenishment.
- Work directly with our logistics and operations team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of orders
- Communicate with our vendors and appropriate personnel to actively improve the customer experience; troubleshoot and resolve product + fulfillment issues
- Develop thorough product knowledge and learn to match customers to products that fit them best
- Assist our head of operations with analyzing processes, finding efficiencies and troubleshooting logistical procedures.
- Become the master of shipping, inbound and outbound.
- Pitch in wherever you have an interest or there is a need, it can be anything from helping with customer service to helping at a photo-shoot to researching new operational efficiencies.
Have a BA/BS and/or 2-3 years working in a retail or data entry position.
Have superb attention to detail.
Are a creative problem solver ready to take on any customer or product challenge.
Amaze people with your organization skills.
Are a whiz at excel and a Google Docs aficionado.
Can quickly master admin databases.
Thrive at multi-tasking and wearing many different hats in a fast-paced environment.
Work well under strict deadlines, and understand how to prioritize tasks.
Are proactive and driven to make things better, whether it be processes, products, etc.
Have a passion for interior design and/or fashion.
Get to know us:
Dormify breaks the rules of traditional dorm decor with a fashion-forward approach to styling small spaces. We create and curate exclusive products specifically designed for fashion-minded college students. Get a glimpse of our team here. pinterest.com/dormify/life-at-dormify
- You get the chance to be a part of something new and exciting.
- We’re an energetic, fun team that loves what we do. We work hard but find fun in what we do inside and outside of the office.
- We’re constantly innovating and changing the way college students shop for home décor. There are new ideas, new opportunities, and new areas of the business arising everyday.
- We have beds in our office.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 28, 2014.